2020 Writing and Life Goals
The advent of every new year for me is a combination of a blank slate and works in progress I want to complete. That include both aspirations to meet as an author and a list of unrelated targets that fall under the title I’ll call “Life Goals.”
- Effectively promote Salvation Station during its spring 2020 publication and beyond
- Host a successful book launch for Salvation Station in April 2020
- Complete my next novel, tentatively titled The Woman with the Cheshire Cat Grin
- Get said novel edited, revised, and submitted to agents
- Continue making contacts at writers conferences
- Enter short story contests once a month, but try to submit to two per month
- Place in at least one contest and/or have a story published
- Re-release my self-published novel written under a pen name, Shades of Darkness, Shades of Grace
That’s it for this year’s author goals.
- Continue the holistic approach to maintaining my Crohn’s disease I chose to undertake in fall 2019. So far, so good.
- Lose ten pounds. Keep it off.
- Eat healthier
- Try not to get stressed (or make my friends/family crazy) getting my current home ready to sell
- Be completely in charge of the decisions regarding the construction of my new home
- Move in to new home by mid summer
- Keep writing
I would be absolutely ecstatic if I achieved every objective, but realistically I’d settle for half (3/4 would be great too!). I know authors who aim much higher (both writing and non-writing related). They are my inspiration, so I’m giving these goals my all this year.
What goals do you want to accomplish in 2020?