I’ve compiled a one-stop shop of valuable resources for writers of fiction and non-fiction—check out the complete list of resources here. Some blogs and sites are well established, but I’ll always be on the lookout for fresh, useful material.
Here’s a breakdown of just three of the great resources for writers you’ll find on the site:
Geared toward writers of fiction, this extensive website offers something for everyone.
- Need help/advice? Their articles and author interviews cover every imaginable topic.
- Looking for your next idea or overcoming a block? Writing prompts and exercises will have you writing in no time. If you’re really stuck, try online tools like the Story Generator.
- Wonder if those writing resources are genuinely helpful? This site not only provides resources, but reviews of them.
- Ready to hone your craft? The site offers monthly writing contests.
I have been a member of WOW for more than 15 years and have found it to be one of the best writing resources around.
- I have taken several of WOW’s online courses, found two great editors, and been a guest blogger on The Muffin, the daily blog.
- WOW delivers an online magazine with content on writing, author interviews, writing tips and advice, online classes, and two quarterly contests.
- WOW offers the Flash Fiction contest (no more than 750 words), and the new Creative Nonfiction Essay contest (no more than 1,000 words).
- The very knowledgeable and experienced staff is always helpful.
- The mission of WOW is dedicated to supporting women’s creativity, energy, blood, sweat, and tears through all stages of the writing process.
From the UK, they offer a warm welcome and help for writers around the world. Some of what WriteWords provides include:
- Writing groups, archives, forums, articles, courses, a directory of publishers and agents, and a job board.
- There is a cost to join, with four different membership options. A full membership for one year is £20. A job-only membership, access to the directory only, or community-only memberships are £14 per year.
If there are blogs and websites that you have found helpful with finding writing ideas, honing your writing craft, landing an agent or publisher, or otherwise assisted in your journey, I’d love to learn about them and include them on the site. Send me a message!
- Thankful for Friends Who Lift Up Women
- November is Family Literacy Month
- Immerse Yourself in Vincent Van Gogh—Must-See Exhibit Closes November 19
- Plentiful Harvests and Bizarre Rituals: Stories That Have Haunted Me Since Childhood
- Celebrate Breast Cancer Awareness Month This October by Getting a Mammogram