Every year on November 1, millions of people celebrate authors and the books that they write on National Author’s Day.
Sue Cole promoted the observance of National Authors Day after her grandmother’s death in 1968. She urged people to write a note to their favorite author on November 1, to “brighten up the sometimes-lonely business of being a writer.”
Buy their latest book or send your favorite author(s) a note, a tweet (especially if you know them personally!) or simply spread the word to others by the using Use #NationalAuthorsDay to post on social media.
Authors love hearing from our readers!
- Celebrate Breast Cancer Awareness Month This October by Getting a Mammogram
- Celebrating National Coffee Day
- Banned Books Week: Books Unite Us, Censorship Divides Us
- Celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month and Honoring Hispanic Heritage in Film
- Celebrating National Women’s Equality Day and the Right to Vote