Celebrate poetry month in April by doing something poetry related every day. The organization that founded the observance, Poets.org, offers a great list of 30 activities.
One such idea is the Exquisite Corpse poetry game. No bodies are involved, despite the name. According to Poets.org, Exquisite Corpse is a “collaborative poetry game that traces its roots to the Parisian Surrealist Movement. Exquisite Corpse is played by several people, each of whom writes a word on a sheet of paper, folds the paper to conceal it, and passes it on to the next player for his or her contribution.”
This link provides much more information about how to play this interesting game. I’m not a poet, but from this piece I learned about poetry structure and the Exquisite Corpse style. Enjoy!
- Celebrate Breast Cancer Awareness Month This October by Getting a Mammogram
- Celebrating National Coffee Day
- Banned Books Week: Books Unite Us, Censorship Divides Us
- Celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month and Honoring Hispanic Heritage in Film
- Celebrating National Women’s Equality Day and the Right to Vote