There is still time to sign-up for Margo Dill’s pre-summer reading challenge! What a great way to kick off the lazy, hazy days of summer by reading to kids, starting those frothy summer novels, blogs, magazines, etc. The goal is to get a head start on summer reading.
Your efforts won’t go unnoticed, and participation is free.
What is the 21-Day Pre-Summer Reading Challenge?
Between April 30 and May 25 (the beginning of Memorial Day Weekend), you need to read 21 days for 20 minutes each day (of course, you can read every day if you want!). You can read anything! It can be books to your kids; it can be a novel or self-help book; it can be a magazine; it can be a blog you’ve been meaning to check out. Anybody of any age can participate, by the way!
What it can’t be is Facebook posts or tweets or something similar…if you’re not sure, email email@example.com.
How do you sign up?
Go to the sign-up form on this page here.
How much does it cost to participate?
Participation is free!
How do I keep track of what I read or my child reads?
You can download a record sheet at the link above for any member of your family who wants to participate! You record daily readings on this sheet.
What do I get if myself or my child completes the reading challenge for 21 total days before May 25?
- Each person who completes the reading challenge, and turns in their record sheet by May 30, 2018, will be entered to win a $20 Amazon gift card. One gift card will be awarded on June 15, 2018 to one person who completed the challenge and turned in their sheet. A bonus entry if you read every single day of the challenge (April 30 to May 25) for 20 minutes! (Plus, there are more ways to receive EXTRA entries–please see the record sheet on this page!)
- Each person who completes the reading challenge will be acknowledged on this blog!
- You will receive a digital badge, which you can post on your blog or social media account.
- You will receive a 25 percent off coupon for any of Margo’s Editor 911 services. This does NOT expire and can be used for any member of your family.
- If you or your family have any service, charity, event, anything family-friendly to promote, and you finish the challenge, you can do so on Margo’s FB page and/or blog.
- Hopefully, you will also receive a good reading habit that will last throughout the summer and even further!
So what are you waiting for? Go here now and sign up for the reading challenge today!
With summer fast approaching (finally!), let me know in the comments below of summer events for writers you would like to share.
- Celebrating National Women’s Equality Day and the Right to Vote
- An Interview with Marcie Rendon, Author of ‘Murder on the Red River,’ the Latest One Book/One Minnesota Selection
- Hugging Mom in Person for the First Time in 20 Months
- Unable to Read in America
- Back On Track with Wilder’s Backpack Drive