The Sunshine Blogger Awards
Margo Dill, a wonderful YA author, writing coach, and editor nominated me for the Sunshine Bloggers Award, a great game that is sure to give more blogging ideas. The game goes like this:
- Thank the person who nominated you. (Thank you, Margo.)
- Answer the questions from the person who nominated you.
- Nominate other bloggers for the award.
- Notify the bloggers you have nominated them.
- Have fun and be creative!
What do you love most about blogging/writing?
When I blog, I want to accomplish two basic tasks: (a) Provide other authors with information they can use, (b) Write on topics that are important to me personally, such as the First Amendment, banned books, censorship, literacy, information on writing and tips I’ve learned, women’s rights, and grammar.
Name a place you’ve never been but would love to visit and why.
I’ve been to parts of Canada, but I would love to much more time exploring Vancouver, Quebec City, Montreal, and Toronto. Thanks to exposure to dangerous levels of HGTV, I’m always fascinated by the many programs set in Canada.
Describe your favorite snack.
A fresh cupcake with chocolate frosting and a huge glass of ice cold milk.
What is your favorite season?
Living in Minnesota where the winters can be very, very long we really appreciate our seasons. Most Minnesotans love summer, but I prefer the cool, crisp days of fall, especially when the leaves are at their color peak under a cornflower blue sky.
Do you believe in ghosts?
Well . . . I did not until my mother, in all earnestness told me her Aunt June’s spirit was “in all my kitchen appliances”. When odd things started occurring around my own house, I was convinced Aunt June had moved in. I finally confronted her (for lack of a better word) out loud and said, “You cannot stay here. Leave my house!” She hasn’t been back since.
What advice do you give, but don’t take yourself?
“If you are healthy and look good, it doesn’t matter what the number on the scale says.” I’ve taken up Pilates over the past year (along with working out on an elliptical daily) so I’ve built up muscle and definition. At my last doctor’s appointment, I was weighed on a talking scale. I was horrified. The worst part was after I got off, the scale replied, “Thank you.” Ugh!
If you had to choose one color what would it be?
It’s been pink ever since I was a little girl. I think it’s because people always comment how good pale pink looks on me.
When was the last time you laughed?
Earlier this week with my trainer. We make each other laugh, especially now that we’ve realized the first five of anything new I try don’t count. Then my body gets it.
Do you prefer a tablet or actual book while reading?
The actual book. I have to feel the pages in my hands.
What’s the last movie you saw?
I, Tonya for which Allison Janney won an Oscar for Best Supporting Actress. She played Tonya’s domineering and abusive mother, LaVona.
The three bloggers I’ve chosen (actually four) each write informative blogs, loaded with tons of information on the writing craft, advice, tips, the publishing industry, and more.
- Hope Clark – Author of the Carolina Slade and Endisto mystery series, and the founder of the Funds for Writers newsletter. Subscribe to FundsforWriter at email@example.com
- Jane Friedman – A former literary agent, who is a wealth of information on writer’s honing their craft and an insider on what it takes to get published. Find her at: https://www.janefriedman.com
- Joanna Penn – Founder of The Creative Penn blog and podcasts, the site offers books, resources, and online courses all about how to succeed as an author.
Nominate your own favorite bloggers for the award.