The University of Wisconsin Madison 29th Annual Writing Institute runs from Thursday, April 12 through Sunday, April 15. There’s still time to register, especially if you close by.
The Writing Institute is my first writer’s conference, and although there wasn’t an agent representing the genre of my novel to pitch to, I’ve got a packed schedule. I’ll learn and take-away some great information to pass on in future blogs. Here’s a peek at my itinerary for one day:
Friday, April 13
7:30 a.m. – Registration Open
8:15-8:30 a.m.– Welcome
8:30-9:15 a.m. – Keynote: A Writer’s Life
9:30-10:45 a.m. – Are Writing Contests Worth the Fees?
10:55-12:10 p.m. – Agent Q&A Ann Leslie Tuttle $15
12:10-1:30 p.m. – Lunch
1:30-2:45 p.m. – Ten Clues to Writing Mysteries
3:00-4:00 p.m. – What is Success?
5:45-7:00 p.m. – Writer’s Mixer
There’s still time to register and make beneficial publisher and writing connections!
- Thankful for Friends Who Lift Up Women
- November is Family Literacy Month
- Immerse Yourself in Vincent Van Gogh—Must-See Exhibit Closes November 19
- Plentiful Harvests and Bizarre Rituals: Stories That Have Haunted Me Since Childhood
- Celebrate Breast Cancer Awareness Month This October by Getting a Mammogram