The UW-Madison Writers’ Institute is now in its 29th year. Much of its success has to do with you – our writing community. Many of our writers have attended previous Writers’ institutes, or, are part of our online and in-person classes. Some of our writers attend our other events – the Write By The Lake Retreat and our Weekend With Your Novel fall event – still others attend our one-day classes or look to our writing staff for critiques of their writing.
The publishing industry has changed dramatically. Working with traditional agents and publishers was the default setting for so many years, and although it is still one way to get published, there are many new publishing companies and venues that offer writers ways to be self-published and digitally published. Our 2018 “Pathway to Publication” Writers’ Institute brings those options to you through sessions, panels, pitch meetings, and networking opportunities. We’ll present the professionals, the facts, and the platform – you decide which “Pathway to Publication” is best for you.
- Celebrating National Women’s Equality Day and the Right to Vote
- An Interview with Marcie Rendon, Author of ‘Murder on the Red River,’ the Latest One Book/One Minnesota Selection
- Hugging Mom in Person for the First Time in 20 Months
- Unable to Read in America
- Back On Track with Wilder’s Backpack Drive